Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
1 can whole water chestnut
¼ cup low sodium gluten free Tamari soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
12 Pitted Dates (optional)
1. Take a sheet pan and wrap it foil.
2. Lay bacon in a single layer on baking rack and place on sheet pan.
3. Bake bacon in a 350F oven to render a bit of the fat off before wrapping. You want the bacon to be soft but not raw.
4. Wrap water chestnut with cooled bacon and give it a quick dip in the soy and then sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Place back on the baking rack at 350F and return to oven until bacon is nice and crispy.
6. For a natural sugar option add a date to the wrap and omit the brown sugar
1 dozen large eggs
1 Tbsp. horseradish mustard
1 tsp. season salt
¼ cup mayonnaise
Sweet paprika for dusting the tops
1. In a stock pot add cold water and eggs.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Once at a boil cook eggs for 12 minutes and shock in cold water.
4. After they have cooled give them a quick hit on the counter and roll with your hand.
5. Peel, cut in half and pop out yolk. Set white aside.
6. In a food processor blend yolks, mustard, season all and mayo until smooth.
7. Put filling in a piping bag with a star tip and pipe a rosette of yolk mixture into center of egg white.
8. Dust with sweet paprika and serve.
To find a location near you, please visit: Harmon's.