Recipe for Chicken Carbonara
3 oz Oil, Olive, Blended
8 oz Prosciutto
4 Tbsp Garlic, Peeled
12 oz Chicken Breast
12 oz Alfredo Sauce
½ tsp Pepper, Black Ground
2/3 cup Frozen Peas
36 oz Spaghetti Pasta, al dente
1. Slice prosciutto 1/16" thick, not paper thin. Cut into strips 1/4" wide.
1. In a saute pan, heat oil over medium heat until very hot. Add prosciutto and saute briefly until prosciutto starts to brown and turn crispy.
2. Add chopped garlic and saute just long enough for garlic to begin to caramelize.
3. Add chicken, cream and Alfredo Sauce last and bring sauce to a simmer, but do not reduce.
4. Add black pepper and peas.
5. Cook until sauce thickens slightly and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165ø.
6. Drop pasta in boiling water for 3 seconds. Drain for 15 seconds.
7. Toss pasta with the sauce, incorporate well.
8. Place in pasta bowl pulling some chicken to the top of the dish to insure it is visible.
9. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any remaining sauce onto the pasta and serve