Shrimp & Grits
Spanish Chorizo- ½ cup
Tiger Shrimp- 2 cups
Red Bell Pepper- 2 ea (small diced)
Leek- 1 ea (cut into half moons and rinsed)
White Wine- 2 oz
Cream- ¼ cup
Water- 5 cups
Cream or Milk- ¼ cup
Grits- 1 cup
Cheddar Cheese- 1 cup
Butter- 2 Tbsp
Salt and Pepper
1. Bring water and cream up to a hard boil.
2. While whisking, pour grits into water.
3. Turn heat to medium low and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add in cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
5. In a medium sauté pan, sauté Spanish chorizo until fat is rendered.
6. Add in leeks and bell peppers. Cook until softened (4-5 minutes)
7. Add shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp just begin to turn pink.
8. Deglaze with wine and reduce by half.
9. Add cream and cook until sauce consistency is reached.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.