The Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force was serving a warrant at the house of Matthew David Stewart at 3268 Jackson Avenue in Ogden.
A firefight broke out and six officers were shot in the ensuing battle. One officer, Agent Jared Francom of the Ogden City Police Department, died from his injuries. Five other police officers from the strike force are currently being treated for their injuries.
In a release to ABC 4 News, the Ogden police said that due to the overwhelming community support, accounts have been setup at the Bank of Utah for the officers involved in the incident.
- Agent Jared Francom - Ogden Police Department
- Agent Shawn Grogan - Ogden Police Department
- Agent Kasey Burrell - Ogden Police Department
- Officer Michael Rounkles - Ogden Police Department
- Sgt. Nate Hutchinson - Weber County Sheriff's Office
- Agent Jason Vanderwarf - Roy Police Department