Parfait with Homemade Granola
4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup honey
½ canola cup oil
½ sweetened coconut flakes
½ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
¼ cup flax seed
¼ cup sesame seeds
¼ cup oat bran
1. In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Spread evenly on a greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Let cool five minutes after baking.
5. Store in covered container in refrigerator or freezer.
6. Serve over yogurt and layer with fruit for parfait.
For Breakfast Parfait
6 cups Greek vanilla yogurt
2 cups fresh fruit of choice, cut into small chunks (strawberries, fresh pineapple, fresh mango, blackberries, raspberries)
2 cups homemade granola
1. In dessert cup, layer 1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt, followed by 1/4 cup homemade granola.
2. Add another 1/4 cup yogurt and top with 1/4 cup of fresh chopped fruit of choice.: