Prepared by David Vincent
2 cups butter
2 ¼ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
7 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp lemon flavor
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp honey
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, then milk. Scrape the sides of the bowl often.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients. Dough will be soft and sticky.
4. Place dough on well floured pastry cloth or workspace.
5. Knead in just enough flour to make dough workable. Dough will be very soft. It is best to knead with a rolling motion so you have a smooth surface and you will not get cracks on the tops of your cookies.
6. Gently roll out to 3/8 inch thick.
7. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet lined with parchment.
8. Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes or until just the edges barely start to change colors. Makes approx. 4 dozen.
4 ½ cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp corn syrup
3 Tbsp milk
¼ tsp lemon flavor
1. Mix together all ingredients until smooth.
Dip cookie in icing and smooth with side of palm of hand. Let set. Decorate with icing, chocolate chips, candy, coconut etc.