Basic Shredded Chicken
Makes about 9 cups shredded chicken
Ideal slow cooker size: 6-8 quart
4-5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts (about half and half of each cut of meat)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Place chicken in bottom of large slow cooker (it should fill up your slow cooker almost right to the top).
2. Dissolve the bouillon in the water. Pour over the chicken.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and black pepper.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (thawed chicken) or about 6-8 hours (frozen chicken).
5. When chicken is cooked through and tender remove from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Using two forks shred the meat (or use your standing mixer. place meat inside and mix for about 30 seconds).
6. Pack the meat into recloseable plastic bags and freeze. Use in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.