Stuffed Potato Footballs
12 baby red potatoes
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. garden vegetable cream cheese
4 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
2-3 cups romaine lettuce, finely sliced (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Wash and dry the potatoes. Poke each potato on the top and the bottom with a fork. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil. Lay them on a baking sheet. Spread them out enough so that they don't touch. Sprinkle the kosher salt over the potatoes.
2. Place the potatoes in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes, turn them over and bake for another 20 minutes or until the fork easily slides through the potato when it is poked.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Cut each potato in half (side most resembling a football is the side you want facing up). With a melon baller gently scope out the insides of the potato.
4. Place the potato insides in a bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, and garden vegetable cream cheese to the potatoes. Mash and mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
5. With a teaspoon, scoop the mashed potatoes back into the skins. With the back of a butter knife, scrape off any excess potatoes leaving a smooth and level surface. Turn the potato over so that the skin is facing up.
6. Spoon the softened cream cheese into a piping bag fitted with a #4 tip (If you don't have a piping bag you can use a ziplock bag with the tip of the corner cut off). Pipe one 1/2 inch line down the center length wise of the potato. Pipe three 1/4 inch lines across the center line to make the football laces.
7. Wash and dry the lettuce. Evenly spread the lettuce on a serving platter. Place the potatoes on and top of the lettuce and serve immediately.