Fresh Pasta with Porcini Mushrooms and Artichokes
4 Oz fresh fettuccine pasta
1 cup porcini broth
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup white wine
2 TBSP green peas
2 TBSP artichoke hearts, chopped
1 TBSP porcini mushrooms, chopped
1 TBSP sage, chopped
2 TBSP toasted pine nuts
½ tsp garlic, chopped
1 TBSP olive oil
½ tsp pepper
2 TBSP pecorino cheese
1. For the broth, bring two cups of water to a boil. Drop in 1 cup of the dried porcini mushrooms and reduce to a low simmer. Let the mushrooms simmer for around 20 minutes or until they are soft. When the mushrooms are finished remove from the broth and reserve for the sauce.
2. In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic. Add the artichoke hearts and mushrooms and sauté for around 1 minute.
3. Add in the porcini broth, vegetable stock, white wine and cheese and allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
4. While the sauce is reducing bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Toss the pasta into the water and let cook for around 2-3 minutes and check for doneness. When the pasta is done pour into a colander to drain.
5. While the pasta is cooking, toast the pine nuts. Spread the pine nuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 4 minutes.
6. Add the pasta into the pan with the sauce along with the chopped sage, peas, and black pepper and toss together.
7. To plate, place the pasta in the middle of the plate. Toss the toasted pine nuts around the pasta and shave some of the pecorino cheese over the top.
8. For a little added protein, you can add grilled, shrimp, salmon, or chicken.