“I definitely think it was a factor,” said Linda Summers.
Her husband, Joe Tulpinsky, died Jan. 21st after complications with MS and pneumonia. When he died, nearly every day that month had been a bad air day. Summers said doctors confirmed with her that the poor air quality shortened his life.
“Maybe he would have died a week later, maybe if we would have moved someplace where the air was clean it would have been a year later, who knows?” she said.
Summers even mentioned the air quality in her husband’s obituary. She wrote, "…the disgusting toxic air of SLC contributed to his death".
“For even the few people who read that and maybe it got them to think,” she said.