SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) - Fire crews responded to a hazmat situation at 50 West South Temple late Thursday morning.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) - Fire crews responded to a hazardous material situation at the Church of Jesus Christ-Latter Day Saints Temple Square South Visitor's Center late Thursday morning.
A worker at the visitor's center mixed chlorine in a container that previously held sulfuric acid. This created a vapor cloud mix of a toxic chemical, thionyl chloride.
Fifty to 60 people were inside the visitor's center at the time of the incident. The building was evacuated as a precaution.
Ten people were transported to the hospital with minor respiratory issues.
Temple Square was reopened after 1 p.m.
Copyright 2013 abc4.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.