MIDVALE, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) A gas leak caused evacuations in the area of 7125 South 600 West Wednesday.
MIDVALE, Utah (ABC 4 Utah) - A gas leak caused evacuations in the area of 7125 South 600 West Wednesday.
Two hundred workers from the Salt Lake County Public Works building were evacuated.
A construction crew was working in the area when they hit a 4 inch gas line. Natural gas began spewing out of the pipe.
Police say there is a half mile evacuation area to the north of the incident.
The evacuations were lifted as of late Wednesday afternoon.
Copyright 2013 abc4.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.