Officials say a group of boys discovered a gas can while walking home from school, and somehow ignited it near 2280 South Linda Drive.
One of the boys, ranging in age from 7 to 10 years old sustained minor injuries, while a few of them had severe burns.
Four of the boys were flown by helicopter to The University of Utah Medical Center.
A hospital spokesperson later told ABC 4 that two of the boys were in critical condition while the other two were still being evaluated.
Stay tuned to ABC 4 News and ABC4.com for more on this story.