SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – A burn patient in Salt Lake City is getting her wish to meet country singer George Strait before his concert Friday.
Laura Lee Sheehan, 34, has been receiving care at University of Utah Hospital Burn Center after a propane tank exploded at her Montana home, burning over 70 percent of her body.
“34 fractures total is what they counted, seven broken ribs, broken pelvis in three places, shattered right leg, broken left ankle, punctured lung,” she said. Sheehan also broke her neck. She credits the nurses and staff at University Hospital for her recovery so far, but also says the King of Country has been an inspiration.
“He's just been my favorite and I've always wanted to see him in concert,” she said.
Sheehan will be able to thank George Strait personally for his role in her recovery. With the help of a campaign on Facebook, Sheehan will not only get to go to the George Strait concert at Energy Solutions, but she'll also get to meet him backstage.
“I'm still in shock a little bit,” she said. “Totally excited, it just doesn't feel real yet.”