Salt Lake City, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A family of 5 were sickened by carbon monoxide Christmas morning. The family who all woke feeling nauseous, luckily found a carbon monoxide detector in the garage. plugged it in and it went off.
Salt Lake City, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A family of 5 were sickened by carbon monoxide this morning. The family, who all woke feeling nauseous, say they were lucky they had an unopened carbon monoxide detector in their garage.
The family found it and plugged it in, inside the home the detector went off and the family called the Salt Lake City fire department. Fire crews found elevated levels of CO in the home. They began treating the family for carbon monoxide poisoning. One of the family members had to be transported to a local hospital.
Stay with ABC for more on this story as it develops.
Copyright 2011 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.