The couple watched the movie on premiere night at the The District 20 Megaplex in South Jordan.
ABC 4 talked with several people to ask if they believe this could happen.
"I don't think that could really happen, but I don't know I have not idea," said Rachel Kim.
"I've heard of lights being able to do that, but I don't know I have no idea," Tonya Gardner.
Despite what some think, this man and his wife say their story is true.
The couple says one scene flashes bright light on the audience and the scene is incredibly graphic. That's when the husband, who doesn't want to be named for fear he could lose his job, says this stimulation made him pass out and his body shake.
"I didn't really remember what happened after that I think I blacked out. According to her, I was shaking and mumbling different noises," he said.
His wife was sitting by his side, "He started mumbling and he was blinking on and off with his eyes at that point. I was kneeling in front of him slapping his face," she said.
They left the movie theater early, but in the process forgot his phone inside.
"When we went back the next day we actually found out it happened to another girl in the theater," he said.
The couple is coming forward fearing the bright flashing lights shown during a delivery scene caused his seizure.
The husband says he's in good health and he's never had a seizure before so from now on he says he's going to be more selective when watching a movie.
ABC 4 called the theater. A manager confirmed the couples story, but questioned if the movie actually caused the medical condition.
The manager didn't know anything of a girl also having a medical condition as the man who experienced the seizure shared with ABC 4.