Ok everyone spring shopping is in the air! So this means we want to shop but get the most out of our time and our money. So today I have come up with some easy tips for some amazing shopping to get the best spring wardrobe possible. So sit back take notes and listen to some fun tips I live by
Shop like a Champ!
1. Inspiration: like anything it's always best to set a game plan in order to be successful. So you start by trying to understand what you are loving, start following fashion blogs, fashion pintrest boards, and all your favorites on instagram. Find what you are really diving in for this spring. Then write down where they are from then set off with a game plan of where you want to go to buy those looks.
2. Shopping list: Go with a purpose. You want to find which trends you must have then take an inventory of your wardrobe to set what you're looking for when you shop. By doing this you will be able to not come home with the same grey or black shirt in your closet. You can add depth and volume in your closet. This step helps with returning later after buying which I hate to do.
3. Budget: Personal budget is going to be different for everyone. So set your budget and this will help with the after stress and over spending. If you are only gong to be wearing this shirt once or twice then go cheap. Don't spend a ton of these items you will not wear often. Go cheap if that is the case. Head to forever 21 for the trends and this way your investment is not huge so you can save on trendy. Things I spend money on are jeans, and shoes. These items are all about fit and I spend more of things that will feel great on my feet and fit like a glove on my bum. If it makes me look smaller I am in. Extra money is approved.
4. Try it On Tips:
1. Stay away from pockets that look like the size of a cookie on your bum. Smaller is not better. Pocket needs to be almost covering your whole bum.
2. Jeans will stretch half-size to a whole size. So when trying on go tight! where you're a little uncomfortable.
3. Don't worry about the number size on the tag, go for the fit. Don't sacrifice a fit for a size.
4. If you are trying to hide flaws, then don't buy bling, or fat stitching and or light wash in these areas you are trying to hide unwanted areas. Stay sleek with dark wash and clean pockets.
5. Do a bend over test in dressing room with dresses. Don't need you looking like a hot mess when you bend over to pick up your keys.
6. Lighting is key! Go outside dressing room for natural or extra lighting to see how things are truly fitting.
7. Pack some sugar in your purse. Trying clothes on is beyond tiring. You don't want to make a big mistake because you had low blood sugar and now your stuck with some low-cut jeans that push out love handles. No! So pack some sugar and stay on top of that tired soul of yours.
8. Go light on make up. You don't want to ruin clothing by getting make up stains all over them. So leave red-hot lip stick at home and go for a light lip gloss or chap stick.
9. Light on jewelry. Sometimes jewelry can make or break an outfit. This time is not to have statement pieces your wearing while trying on. So keep it light.
Ok everyone now go be happy shoppers with some confidence and some candy! Take that Action Plan on.....and build those much wanted wardobe closets you have always wanted. I heart you all.