1. Workout Outside- We are so lucky to live in Utah during the summer. There are so many trails to hike, lakes to swim, and mountains to bike. Not to mention, sunlight raises your serotonin levels and exercise triggers endorphins. As Reese Whitherspoon said in Legally Blonde-"Exersice releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands. They just don't."
2. Drink Plenty of Water- We all know that dehydration can make you feel dizzy, light headed, and sluggish. But Dehydration also makes you hold on to weight. Keep your body feeling full, energized, and an efficient fat burner by drinking enough water to keep your urine at a light lemonade color. You don't want it to be clear because then you're eliminating vitamins, minerals, and good bacteria.
3. Kick Up Your Core- Not only does a strong core look good in a bathing suit; it also helps your overall performance. All body movement originates from the core. Do a strong core workout two to three times per week for the best results.
4. Swimming- When I was on the ranch I was constantly sick or injured. One thing that really helped me in my workouts was the swimming pool. Because your body feels supported by the water, there is little to no stress on your joints. Because the water acts as resistance, you'll burn more calories than you would if you did the same moves on dry land. Try jump squats or lunges in the pool.
5. Summer Snack Swaps- With all the summer holidays and barbeques, it's easy to let your diet slip. Simple swaps such as lettuce for hamburger buns or avocado instead of Mayo more nutritious and contain less calories. If you are going to a party, eat a bowl of steamed veggies before you leave so that you feel full and are less tempted to eat the junk.