1 pkg Shirley J Soft Ginger-Molasses Cookie Mix
1 cup shortening
¼ cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine contents of cookie mix package with shortening in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Add water, mix until dough forms and is completely combined, about 1 minute.
Form 18, two-ounce balls using a #30 cookie scoop (2 TB). Place balls a few at a time into a mixing bowl containing 1-2 cups of sugar. Roll balls generously in sugar, removing to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Space evenly with 2" between cookies.
Bake for 12-13 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Allow to cool completely.
Note: If adding mix-ins cookies may need to bake for and additional 1-2 minutes.
Mix-in & Topping Ideas:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1-2 TB. Crystallized ginger
- 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- Dip baked cookies in semi-sweet chocolate
- Drizzle with vanilla glaze
- Make sandwich cookies
- Frost with white chocolate cream cheese frosting
- Make ice cream sandwich cookies