Steps to recovering from a betrayal
1. Rebuilding Trust - Sometimes it is best to be a "friend" not just a lover here.
2. Avoid humiliating your partner - you can guilt trip and punish for a while but not forever.
3. Separate the complaints from the criticisms - It is easier for your partner to want to reestablish trust when you speak clearly without attack.
4. Isolate the times you talk about the betrayal - Positive distraction is healthy for both parties here. Perspective takes time sometimes.
5. Evaluate whether you have the capacity to forgive your partner - Is the betrayal something you can forgive really? Is there more going on than you know about with your partner? Is this a character flaw or something that they can learn from and stop doing?
6. Get help - We want to isolate when we have been betrayed as we feel like fools. Speak about it and get someone just to listen with out agreeing or making it worse.
For more information you can visit: