100 oz Water
3 pieces card-sized Kombu
4 oz Daikon radish
1 oz Dry Bonito
8 oz Japanese Miso Paste
1 Spring onion thinly sliced
1. Put Water, Kombu and Daikon Radish into a pot and boil in a hot heat for about 20 minutes.
2. Turn off heat and add Dry bonito. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. Remove all ingredients except the soup from the pot. This is called "Dashi" which is fundamental sauce in Japanese cuisine. You can make Miso soup, Udon soup, even Tempura dipping sauce with this.
4. Add Miso Paste into Dashi and stir.
5. Add spring onion, seaweed or tofu for garnish and serve.