4 Medium Potatoes, peeled
4 Eggs, 2 cups Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
½ cup Gruyere, shredded
½ cup Emmentaler, shredded
½ cup Raclette, shredded
½ bunch Green Onions, sliced
· Boil the potatoes whole for about 20 minutes until tender, but not soft.
· Drain and cool the potatoes until you are able to handle them. Shred the potatoes on a box grater into a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
· In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season a little heavy with salt and pepper at this point.
· Combine the custard and the cheeses with the potatoes, while reserving a little of the cheeses aside for the top.
· Pour the potato mixture into a greased pie plate, or other suitable baking dish.
· Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Do the toothpick test to check for doneness or use a thermometer and bring the center to 180 degrees.
· Remove from the oven and top with the green onions just before serving.
· The potato mixture can be made a day ahead, panned and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. You may need to add 10-12 minutes to the cook time if starting from chilled.