Berry Splash Recipe:
1 (.13 oz.) pkg unsweetened cherry drink mix
6 cups white cranberry juice
¼ cup sugar
Garnish: fresh mint sprigs or strawberry leaves
1. 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 2 cups water in a large pitcher until sugar is dissolved. Cover and chill. Garnish, if desired.
2. Note: We tested with Kool-Aid Cherry Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix.
Lemonade Iced Tea
2 family-size tea bags
1 (1 oz.) pkg fresh mint leaves
½ cup sugar
4 cups cold water
1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Garnish: fresh citrus slices
1. 1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
2. 2. Remove and discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
3. 3. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
4. Bourbon-Lemonade Iced Tea: Prepare recipe as directed, and stir in 1 cup bourbon. Makes 9 cups.
5. Spiced Dark Rum-Lemonade Iced Tea: Prepare recipe as directed, and stir in 1 cup spiced dark rum. Makes 9 cups
4th of July Kabobs
thread on a skewer strawberries, marshmellows and blueberries. That's it!