Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans
Makes 6 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
Cooking time: 2 hours
1-2 (14 oz) cans black beans
¾ cup uncooked quinoa
1½ cups water
¾ cup salsa
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Add beans, quinoa, water, salsa, bay leaf, cumin, salt and garlic to the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours.
3. Remove lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. Remove the bay leaf.
4. Add in fresh lime juice to taste and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve topped with sliced avocado.