Ice Cream Clones
4 flat-bottomed, plain cake ice cream cones
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1 cup (6 oz) chopped white chocolate
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup dark chocolate or food coloring pen
1. Fill the ice cream cones with ½-cup scoops of ice cream. Freeze them for 1 hour.
2. To make the coating: Melt the white chocolate with the coconut oil in a microwave or the top of a double boiler and stir until completely combined.
3. Remove one filled ice cream cone from the freezer. Smooth the ice cream with the palm of your hand. Dip the cone into the coating to the edge of the cone. Return the dipped cone to the freezer and dip the rest of the cones.
4. To melt the chocolate for piping: Place the chocolate in a heavy glass or ceramic measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute on 50% power. Stir, and heat again at 30-second intervals until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
5. Decorate the cones with the melted dark chocolate, piped with a pastry bag, following the pattern on the clone helmets. Alternatively, you may decorate with a food coloring pen.
Makes 4 cones.