recipe from 365daysofcrockpot.com
Makes about 6 servings
1½ - 2 lbs boston butt pork roast
1 cup water + 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
OR 1 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp finely grated ginger
12 King's Hawaiian rolls (sweet or savory)
1. Place quartered roast in bottom of 3-4 quart slow cooker. Pour broth over the pork.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for about 6-10 hours (depending on your slow cooker), until pork is fork tender.
3. Remove pork from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Using 2 forks shred.
4. Discard the broth and place shredded pork back in slow cooker.
5. In a small bowl stir together the Hoisin, soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger. Pour into the slow cooker and stir to coat the pork.
6. Cover and let cook on HIGH for about 30 more minutes.
7. Serve shredded pork on King's Hawaiian rolls.