- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- or 1 tsp Shirley J Chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 2 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- Toppings: red bell pepper,
- grated zucchini, peanuts,
- coconut flakes, cilantro
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In small bowl combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, bouillon, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, ground red pepper and tapioca. Whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the chicken.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for about 3-5 hours.
4. Remove lid. If sauce needs to be thickened combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes without the lid, until sauce thickens.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Top with desired toppings.
For more information on the book '365 Days of Slow-Cooking', go to: http://365daysofcrockpot.com.