Blueberry Compote Morning Delight
Serves 12 adults
12 slices white bread - remove crusts, cubed
12 - 16 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
12 eggs, 2 cups milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup water, 1 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Spray a 9x13 glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place the bread cubes, then cream cheese cubes, then the blueberries in the pan.
3. Lightly beat the eggs, slowly add the milk and maple syrup.
4. Pour the liquid over the bread and berries.
5. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 25 minutes longer until golden brown and center is set.
1. In a medium pan, stir the sugar and cornstarch together.
2. Add the water to the sugar mixture, stir and heat to boiling.
3. Add the blueberries and return to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes. If you used fresh blueberries they will burst when done.
5. Stir in the butter