Kat Torello has just what you need. This do it yourself project is both inexpensive and simple. She shows us how to create drapes and shades for your patio out of painters canvas.
8 oz Canvas Tarps (4ft x 15 ft, for ceilng, 12 ft x 15 ft for Drapes) Sewing Machine and Iron Ruler Straight edge Pencil
1 1/2 in Edge Lock Blue Tape
Wire and hardware for hanging, turnbuckle and claps Carabiners
Part 1 Ceiling
1. Sew together Canvases 4 ft wide for ceilng.
2. Add grommets to ends
3. Attach with carabiners to eye hooks in wood 4. Weave thru beams, alternating beams
Part 2 Patio Drapes
1. Cut canvas to size and sew with 1 1/2 in hems on top and both sides 2. Measure and tape stripes (8 in) 3. Paint with 2 coats quality Exterior paint 4. Add grommets 1 ft apart on top seam of drape, add 2 grommets on side middle and near bottom.
5. Hang wire and harward on beams
6. Hang drape and add 4 in hem, 1 in off ground 7. Add ties, for closing and tie backs
Hang drape and enjoy your new shaded and cool space!
For more information or to contact Kat visit http://www.torellopainting.com