· Malissa is the daughter of Trent and Lorilee Richardson of South Jordan.
· She currently attends BYU studying to become an early childhood educator. Malissa plans to obtain her master's degree and spend a semester teaching English in China through the International Language Program.
· Served as a member of South Jordan Youth Council and was the Sr. Class President at Bingham HS.
· She loves a good game of ultimate Frisbee and is training for the South Jordan marathon later this fall.
· As Miss South Jordan, she coordinated a Bingham HS assembly educating students and parents on the harmful effects of pornography - this event was covered by ABC's Nightline.
· Malissa especially loves working with young women and has visited numerous groups to speak on the importance of modesty.
· Malissa desires to honor her pioneer ancestors by doing her part to create a community for children and families that is safe from the dangers of pornography.
· To carry on the legacy of her pioneer ancestor, Wee Granny, who "died with her face toward Zion", Malissa has made the commitment in her life to 'live' with her face toward Zion.
1st Attendant - Chelsea Alley
· Chelsea is the daughter of John and Cori Alley of Bountiful
· She graduated from Viewmont High with citizenship and Fine Arts honors and was selected as the School and Regional 2008 Dance Sterling Scholar
· Chelsea has been dancing for 20 years and recently graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Dance Education after serving as Administrative Assistant and choreographer for the contemporary company dancEnsemble
· She is also trained in piano and voice
· She was the Student Leader for the Education Team on a humanitarian mission to Amazonian villages in Peru with the organization Youthlinc
· She's volunteered with the BYU Student Service Association, South Davis Community Hospital, Hoofbeats to Healing, Friday's Kids, Best Buddies and Youthlinc
Chelsea honors her pioneer ancestors and states that: "Everything I have today is because of their commitment and accomplishment. They may not have known me in their lives, but I will not forget them in mine."
2nd Attendant - Lizzy Davis
· Lizzy is the Daughter of Richard and Wendy Davis of Salt Lake City.
· She is a student at Utah State University where she will graduate with a degree in Music with a double emphasis of piano performance and pedagogy.
· She graduated from East High School with honors and an enriched diploma,
· While at East High she was a student government representative for 4 years and served as Speaker of the House
· She was awarded a USU service scholarship, a Sons of Utah Pioneers and Regents scholarship.
· She was Captain of the East HS swim team, a member of the water polo team, as well as a cheerleader.
· You'd have to be fast to keep up with Lizzy as she ran track and played soccer
· Lizzy is very thankful to her pioneer ancestors for paving the way for her to live in this community of great blessings and opportunities.