Metal picture holder with wood base (found at Wood Connection)
Liquitex gel medium (found on Amazon)
Paint (White and Black)
Metal Picture transfer:
1. PHOTOCOPY your picture. I just printed a picture I had taken of my kids at Camera Shy (LOVE that I can just print pictures for my crafts because they give me the CD) and took it to the copy store. YOU HAVE TO USE A LASER COPY! I tried ink jet, it does NOT work :( Print your picture backwards because it will be backwards on the metal when transferred.
2. Cover your picture with the Liquitex gel medium and put it on the metal.
3. Scrape the metal to insure there are no air pockets and let sit overnight.
4. Next morning, get your metal wet and remove paper. MAKE SURE YOU USED REGULAR PAPER!
1. Draw the design you would like to have on the wood with a pencil
2. Using Elmer's glue, carefully trace the drawing, allow to dry overnight.
3. Paint the wood the color of your choice.
4. You can leave it with just the subtle design or you can water down some black paint so it fills in the gaps and accents your design!
For more of Shyloh's ideas, please visit A Page 4 All Seasons Blog.