Players will receive instruction on the fundamentals of all major strokes and will practice these strokes through feeding, live-ball drilling and competitive match-play. Students will hone their skills as they have an opportunity to advance through each of five stations that are set up to practice every aspect of their game. They will also have an opportunity to improve their fitness and participate in competitive off-court games that focus on enhancing their flexibility through stretching, agility and endurance. In addition, they will play competitive matches in both singles and doubles against opponents from other teams so they also get an opportunity of feeling a part of a team and learning how to deal with the realities of team play.
This is excellent preparation for anyone interested in participating in high school tennis or preparing to compete in USTA leagues and/or tournaments. On Friday of each week, all participants will play in an individual singles tournament against players that are at their level. Trophies are awarded for the winners and runner-ups, but all will play multiple matches. The camp concludes after the tournament on Friday with an awards ceremony. The ceremony begins at 1 p.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. for those making family or travel plans.
• Learn and practice the fundamentals of stroke production
• Station feeding, live-ball drilling and competitive games to work on consistency
• Competitive match play as a member of a team
• Singles and doubles match play
• Participation in a culminating singles tennis tournament (championship and con solation draw format)
• Compete against players at your own skill level
• Singles and doubles tournaments
• Instruction from BYU team members
• Trophies and other awards
• Tour of Hall of Fame and other BYU athletic facilities
• Activities with other camps for campus housing participants
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch provided for non-housing participants
The Tennis Camps are June 24th - 28th, July 1st - 5th and July 8th - 12th for ages 12 - 18 years old. Prices are $465 non-housing and $565 with housing. To register, please visit: BYU Sports Camps.